American Elephants


Someone ought to tell CNN… by American Elephant

This is refreshing:

Two of the BBC’s most senior news and current affairs executives attacked the corporation’s plans yesterday for a Comic Relief-style day of programming on environmental issues, saying it was not the broadcaster’s job to preach to viewers. [more]

Someone really ought to tell that to CNN (and the rest of the American news media for that matter):Planet in peril

Planet in Peril

Planet in peril? There’s an objective title for you! Fresh on the heels of Christianne Amanpour’s fair and balanced comparison of Christians and Orthodox Jews to Islamofascist Terrorists.

Here’s how CNN describes Anderson Cooper’s upcoming “investigation”:

“CNN´s Planet in Peril takes viewers around the world in a two–part, four–hour documentary that examines our changing planet. This worldwide investigation looks at four key issues: climate change, vanishing habitats, disappearing species and human population growth.”

And CNN wants the viewers to feel involved in their latest piece of journalism activism:

Take action! When you want to help the planet’s ecosystems and wildlife, these are opportunities to Impact Your World. Do something!…

CNN.com is looking for your photos, videos or stories on how climate change is affecting the Earth. Tell us about what you are doing to improve the planet and how you are making your world a greener place.

Notice the poll on the home page where 55% of respondents believe that man is the “principle factor” in global warming, and an additional 26% say man contributes “a lot” to global warming, for a grand total of 81% who believe man plays a leading role in global warming. Eighty-one percent!

Propaganda, thy name is CNN!


2 Comments so far
Leave a comment

Maybe so many people know that humans cause global warming because it is (gasp) a fact. In order for you to be even sligtly credible you should post your sources.

How would the large amounts of Earth-warming cement, polluting automobiles, carbon-dioxide, and carbon-monoxide, not have an effect? Oh wait, because YOU said it, it must be true.

Go ahead, check mine.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060913-sunspots.html
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/21/news/climate.php
HERE’S A EUROPEAN ONE!=>
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/mar/27/biodiversity.climatechange

The list goes on and on. Try informing yourself before you preach to those with the misfortune of stumbling upon this site.

Like

Comment by t3xanb3auty

Maybe so many people know that humans cause global warming because it is (gasp) a fact.

Wrong. Contrary to your pseudo-religious beliefs, ethno-centric global warming is actually a theory. And a theory that is completely falling apart.

In order for you to be even slightly credible you should post your sources.

Oh, I assure you, I have. And although I know ignorant zealots such as yourself don’t have any interest in facts, I am more than happy to direct your attention to a few of the most damning.

First of all, it has been proven that the computer models that have been the very basis of all global-warming predictions don’t work, and can’t even predict current climate conditions let alone the future.

Secondly, not only has the global temperature not increased since 2001, but last year was the coldest year on record since 1901.

Not to mention the fact that Mars and other planets are warming faster than Earth.

Try not to be such a lemming.

Like

Comment by American Elephant




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: