Filed under: News, Politics | Tags: Crime/Law Enforcement, Democrat Corruption, Democrats, Democrats Lies/Dirty Tricks, Election 2008, Elliot Spitzer
Word was that Elliot Spitzer was withholding his resignation in an attempt to use it to finagle a plea-bargain with the feds. I don’t see how with such a seemingly clear-cut case against him, he had a leg to stand on, nevertheless, stranger things have happened.
I’m glad to see the government didn’t play along:
It was a rare and unequivocal declaration by U.S. Attorney Michael Garcia: “There is no agreement between this office and Gov. Eliot Spitzer, relating to his resignation or any other matter.”
It would have been outrageous had they. Fortunately, Spitzer faces the following possible charges:
- Money laundering for trying to conceal the source and recipient of financial transactions.
- Tax evasion, if he was a knowing party to an all-cash business that wasn’t filing taxes.
- Violation of the Mann Act for paying for the trip from New York to D.C. by the call girl known as “Kristen.”
- Misuse of state resources, if he used his state-issued credit card for hotels or meals with prostitutes as well as if he was being protected by State Troopers during his dalliances.
- And finally, soliciting prostitution.
There’s also the question of whether Spitzer used campaign funds for these trysts, which opens up a whole other litany of charges from fraud to federal election violations. [read more]
So, no, it’s not just about sex.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment