Filed under: Conservatism, Domestic Policy, Economy, Election 2008, Liberalism, Media Bias, News, Politics, Socialism | Tags: Debunking Liberal Lies, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, housing market, John McCain, Obama, Recession, Republicans
What if Democrats threw a recession and nobody came?
WASHINGTON (AP) — The economy logged slightly better — but weak — growth in the first quarter, spurred by improved sales of U.S. products overseas. While that’s heartening, the country is still far from being out of the woods.
In fact, a closer look behind the 0.9 percent increase in the gross domestic product during the January-to-March period revealed much caution on the part of consumers who have been clobbered by the housing, credit and financial debacles.
Clobbered by? No, the vast majority of American consumers haven’t been clobbered by the housing, credit and financial debacles — they have been clobbered with them. Clobbered over the head almost daily by a mainstream media determined to elect a Democrat. Contrary to what you hear from the media, it is only a tiny portion of Americans who are in foreclosure — 0.51 percent of homeowners — the other 99.49 percent are not. And for the most part, the increase has been among speculators who intentionally jumped into the “house flipping” gold-rush, taking loans they knew they couldn’t afford in the hopes of getting rich quick.
But you wouldn’t know that from the hysterical reporting would you? It’s no wonder consumers are skeptical when on top of increasing gas and food prices, the media are daily insinuating that half the country are losing their homes, and telling us we’re in a recession that the facts don’t bear out.
The fact is that a recession is defined by two consecutive quarters of negative growth. So far, we haven’t even experienced one. This past quarters’ 0.9 % growth is up from the previous quarters’ 0.6 % growth. Sluggish, yes, but growth nonetheless.
So what should Americans do in times of economic uncertainty and slow growth?
The last thing they should do is elect politicians who are promising to raise taxes drastically and increase spending by over 900 billion to over a trillion dollars as both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, respectively, have promised to do. The best thing Americans can do is vote such people, virtually all the Democrats, out of office, not in.
Help grow the herd! Share this post!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
8 Comments so far
Leave a comment