Filed under: Conservatism, Domestic Policy, Economy, Education, Energy, Environment, Freedom, Health Care, History, Politics, Progressivism | Tags: Congress, Democrat Demagogues, Economy, Nancy Pelosi, Obama, Politics, Socialism
Mark Levin’s new book, Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto, went on sale yesterday and is being snapped up quickly enough that stores are already running out. It is essential reading on the major issues facing the nation today, exploring the difference between conservatism and statism. The reviews are outstanding.
In a number of brilliant essays Mr. Levin compares the outlook of the conservative to the outlook of the statist toward the major issues of today. He supports his arguments with insights from the Founding Fathers and the Framers of the Constitution, as well as lessons from history. “”Think of it, said one reviewer, “as an outstanding tutorial in applied political philosophy.” He went on:
If you care passionately about America, and worry for its future — and who doesn’t, given the current national leadership? — then you owe it to yourself to buy and devour this marvelous work. It is an essential antidote to what ails America at the moment.
My copy is waiting for me at the bookstore. Can’t wait.
Share this post!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
24 Comments so far
Leave a comment