Filed under: Democrat Corruption, Domestic Policy, Health Care, Statism | Tags: Debunking Liberal Lies, Obamacare, Socialism
As Democrats seek the biggest expansion imaginable of the government nose in the relationship of Americans to their doctors and their health care, the biggest selling point has been the need for everyone to have health insurance. The long-held goal of “universal health care” will, according to the Congressional Budget Office, still prove elusive.
As many as 23 million people could still be without insurance by 2018, says the CBO.
The ranks of the uninsured would include many who choose not to get health insurance although they can afford it. Starting in 2014 individuals would face fines if they do not buy insurance, some may still refuse.
About a third would be illegal immigrants. States spend millions caring for them at hospitals, where emergency rooms accept patients regardless of coverage. Democrats support covering illegals, but haven’t yet admitted it. An annoying fact is that illegal aliens get “free” medical care when American citizens don’t.
Oh well, promises, promises. There must be some reason why a small percentage of Americans still think that ObamaCare is a good deal.
Share this post!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment