Filed under: Capitalism, Economy, Freedom, Socialism | Tags: Green Jobs, Highest Unemployment in Europe, Spain
Spain has traditionally suffered from relatively high unemployment, double the 9.3 percent average for the European Union, but for the 16 to 24 age group it has now reached 42.9 percent, the highest in Europe.
Spain was going to have a booming economy with promised green jobs. Spain was on the forefront of a conversion to renewable energy, a sustainable life style free from an addiction to oil, by adopting wind and solar power. California has often pointed to Spain as an example for California to follow, as has the Obama administration.
Every green job in Spain created by government subsidies has resulted in the loss of 2.5 jobs in the regular economy as employers are forced to cut back their work force in response to higher energy costs.
Spain attempted to make it easier to put young people to work, by employing them on temporary contracts, so when the economy sank, they were the easiest to let go. How many jobs are being created here on temporary contracts funded by the new stimulus program?
If you take tax money out of the pocket of voters and use it to pay for a temporary job, is that called “creating or saving a job?” Someone should explain private enterprise to the Obama people.
Share this post!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment