Filed under: Capitalism, Economy, Election 2012, Freedom, Socialism | Tags: Socialist Hungary, The American Dream, The Pursuit of Happiness
Thomas Peterffy grew up in socialist Hungary. When he immigrated to the United States in 1956, he could not speak English. With hard work, dedication and discipline he fulfilled the American dream. He started a business that today employs thousands of people.
In the 1970’s he bought a seat on the American Stock Exchange. He played a key role in developing the electronic trading of securities, and is the founder of Interactive Brokers, an online discount brokerage firm with offices all over the world.
He remembers what life in Hungary was like. To share his story, he made this video with his own money, to explain. Very nice.
Share this post!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment