Filed under: Politics, Science/Technology, Humor, Environment, Global Warming, Energy, Junk Science | Tags: Preparing for Paris, Save the World, Scary Headlines
There is a big global Climate Change meeting in Paris, in December. The propaganda designed to ramp up enthusiasm or terror, as the case may be, will increase. A story by Larry Kummer at”Watts Up With That” reminds us of some of the excess in preparation for the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference in December of 2009 to prepare us for what to expect. Clearly, the end is near and time is running out.
(1) “President ‘has four years to save Earth’” says climate scientist James Hansen in The Guardian, 17 January 2009.
(2) “Global warming has reached a ‘defining moment,’ Prince Charles warns” in The Telegraph, 12 March 2009. “The world has “less than 100 months” to save the planet.
(4) “Just 96 months to save world, says Prince Charles” in The Independent. 9 July 2009. “If the world failed to heed his warnings then we all faced the ‘nightmare that for so many of us now looms on the horizon’.”
(5) “Five years to save world from climate change, says WWF“, Australian Broadcasting Company, 18 October 2009 — Excerpt…
“Karl Mallon, a scientist with Climate Risk and one of the key authors of the report, says 2014 has been calculated as the point at which there is no longer enough time to develop the industries that can deliver a low carbon economy. ‘The point of no return,’ he said.
“’If we wait until past 2014 or that’s what modelling shows, then simply put, it will be impossible for industries to grow to the scale that has to be achieved in the time that is available.’”
(6) “Gordon Brown said negotiators had 50 days to save the world from global warming and break the “impasse”.“, BBC, 19 October 2009. Brown was the UK PM.
A good time was had by all in picturesque Copenhagen, an expense account-funded vacation with their peers. Journalists evaluated the meeting as a failure. The world was not saved, but continued on in its ongoing pause of 18 years and 7 months of an absence of any warming to worry about. Never fear.
Western Morning News: 18 July, 2015: “His Royal Highness (Prince Charles) warns that we have just 35 years to save the planet from catastrophic climate change.”
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment