Filed under: Capitalism, Democrat Corruption, Economy, Freedom, Health Care, History, Humor | Tags: Because Koch Brothers, Protesting a $100 Million Donation, The Left Protests
The Koch brothers are at it again. The New York State Nurses Association, the NAACP New York State Conference, and SEIU Local 1199, among others marched to show their vast disapproval of the soon-to-be-built David H. Koch Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital funded in part by a $100 million donation — from the man one prominent liberal recently predicted would go down in history as a “famously evil person. “
That particular “prominent liberal” is Left-wing billionaire hedge fund tycoon Tom Steyer. He recently announced a $100 million campaign in support of candidates who embrace tax increases and regulations to fight the scientific theory known as “climate change.” He remains torn between his opposition to The Supreme Court’s ruling in Citizens United and his support for American democracy. “I believe there should be a different system.” Steyer said. “But right now what we’re doing is accepting American democracy rules…that’s the system we believe in. He’s opposed to the Keystone pipeline as well. The Free Beacon‘s editors commented:
We await Steyer’s call for the immediate dismantling of famously evil institutions such as the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, the David H. Koch Center for ambulatory care at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and the David H. Koch Cancer Research Center at Johns Hopkins University, the David H. and Julia Koch Research Program in Food Allergy Therapeutics at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, and the David H. Koch Center for Applied Research of Genitourinary Cancers at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, as well as the immediate return of the $325 million Koch has donated to medical and cancer research facilities across the country.
The donation was the largest in the hospital’s history, and will presumably mean new nursing jobs, so why ? It was International Women’s Day and the Koch’s are the primary funders of the “war on women’s reproductive rights, and behind the effort to defeat and repeal healthcare to all Americans.” huh?
One Minerva Solla offered: “If there ain’t gonna be no justice, there ain’t gonna be no peace!” Candice Sering of Gabriela NYC added:”Women hold up ahold the sky.” The comments and the pictures are particularly delightful.
Ben Kallos, a sitting city council member attended the protest against the addition of a new hospital care center in the neighborhood he represents — because Koch brothers.
So there you are. A day in the life of New York City. See how easy it is to rouse up the masses when there’s a really compelling issue.
Filed under: Democrat Corruption, Domestic Policy, Freedom, Heartwarming, History, Humor, Politics, Progressivism | Tags: Andrew Klavan on the Culture, Extremism, Nothing Changes
This video from Andrew Klavan on the Culture is a couple of years old, which just goes to show you that nothing much changes. Nancy Pelosi is not Speaker any more, but nothing else is all that different.
The more things change, the more they stay the same, or something like that.
Filed under: Domestic Policy, Humor, Politics, Terrorism | Tags: The Elephant's Child
Had a long power outage today, somewhere in the vicinity of 2 to 3 hours (electric clocks) and then my computer has been acting up with 6 or 8 crashes.
I apparently need a new display-driver, and beyond that — your guess is as good as mine. At this point, I am exasperated, tense, irritable and incapable of writing anything intelligible. I shall regain my composure and return when it is regained. Always fighting alligators. Some days are like that!
Filed under: Democrat Corruption, Election 2014, Humor, Liberalism, News of the Weird, Politics | Tags: Embarrassment, Free Birth Control, Outstanding Headline
From Jammie Wearing Fools: ” Woman Who Can’t Afford Her Own Birth Control Scrapes Up Money to File for Congressional Run.”
Surely you remember Sandra Fluke (rhymes with Cluck) who appeared before the nation in a pretend Congressional hearing, set up to look as if it was official after the committee in question (I can’t remember which committee) refused to have her as a witness since they didn’t think she had any testimony worth hearing.
Her testimony was a protracted whine about the vast expense of contraceptives which she thought taxpayers should pay for so she didn’t have to. It emerged that a month’s supply was available for around $9.00, which made her demand that taxpayers spring for it seem remarkably silly. But silly me. There it is in ObamaCare, and everybody is paying for it. If you wonder why you can no longer see your doctor, or afford health care — it’s because the Democrats stuck in all sorts of little goodies to reach favored voting groups, in this case radical feminists.
With the retirement of Henry Waxman, Ms. Fluke has filed with the California state Democratic Party to seek its endorsement in the race for the Waxman seat. She has not yet officially announced her campaign, nor filed with the Federal Election Commission. But California is known for some of the dumbest women in Congress, so why not? The idea that someone should work their way up in politics seems to have gone by the wayside. Experience is no longer necessary.
Jammie adds: “Just what Congress needs, another attention whore.”
Filed under: Democrat Corruption, Freedom, Humor, Politics, Pop Culture, Progressivism, Statism, Terrorism | Tags: Government Series II Les Paul, Mockery Is The Best Weapon, The Gibson Guitar Raid
The Gibson guitar company in Nashville Tennessee was raided by the Feds in February 2012, with a SWAT-team who shut the whole company down, allegedly for possessing illegally imported wood. I wrote about it at the time because it was so absurd. A federal agency flexing its muscles — because they could. The agency experienced no restraint from the executive, who made it clear that war on the right was the mode of the day.
They confiscated stocks of tonewoods from the factory on dubious grounds, and Gibson eventually settled for a $300,000 fine, a “community service” payment of $50,000 to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (?), not to mention lost business from being shut down, and legal fees. Do read the article on the settlement to see just how absurd the federal actions were. Gangster government indeed.
This is another reason why the economy has not recovered. Business does not know what the federal government might do next. What new regulations? Every agency seems to have their own SWAT team. Who is next, and on what grounds? Uncertainty.
The Feds have returned their wood, the case is resolved, and Gibson is celebrating the end of the investigation with the introduction of a striking new guitar: The Government Series II Les Paul.
From its solid mahogany body with modern weight relief for enhance resonance and playing comfort, to its carved maple top, the Government Series II Les Paul follows the tradition of the great Les Paul Standards—but also makes a superb statement with its unique appointments. A distinctive vintage-gloss Government Tan finish, complemented by black-chrome hardware and black plastics and trim, is topped by a pickguard that’s hot-stamped in gold with the Government Series graphic—a bald eagle hoisting a Gibson guitar neck. Each Government Series II Les Paul also includes a genuine piece of Gibson USA history in its solid rosewood fingerboard, which is made from wood returned to Gibson by the US government after the resolution.
I love the “distinctive vintage-gloss Government Tan finish.” A nice drab bureaucratic style. (click to enlarge)
Filed under: Education, Freedom, Fun n Games, Heartwarming, Humor | Tags: A Daily Surprise, Making Magic For the Kids, Sharpies & Sandwich Bags
In 2008, David LaFerriere decided to surprise his kids at school, drawing on the sandwich bags he packed in their lunches. The kids loved it, so he kept drawing. Every day they are greeted with a new creation their dad has made for them.Now, five years after the first drawing, he has created over one thousand lunchtime surprises, cataloging them all on Flickr.
Dave is a graphic designer, and his work has been featured on Sharpie’s website, but you don’t have to draw well to create magic for your kids. They will probably never remember the Christmas or birthday presents, but they will always remember the magic. Here’s the rest of the story.
Here’s another example of fatherly magic. The coolest tooth-pull ever! When this kid is old and grey, he will still remember the time his dad tied his tooth to a rocket, and laugh.
Filed under: Entertainment, Freedom, Fun n Games, Humor, Pop Culture | Tags: An Amtrack Gift, Chicago's Union station, The Magical Piano
Amtrack and Rob Bliss Creative teamed up to bring a little holiday cheer to Chicago’s Union Station using a “magical” piano. The piano reacts to the environment and people around it. It performs impromptu duets with strangers and even adds special music themes for certain situations.
Filed under: Entertainment, Humor, Pop Culture, Television, United Kingdom | Tags: How Can He Be Alive?, Mystery Upon Mystery, Sherlock Holmes
O.K. So how can he be still alive? You saw him fall off the building. You saw him dead. A major tease from the BBC.
Filed under: Fun n Games, Humor, Intelligence | Tags: Stupendous Stupidity, The Darwin Awards, You Can Have Your DNA Done
The Fabled Darwin Awards for 2013 have been released:
Honoring the Least Evolved Among Us. And the winner is —
When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
And the Honorable Mentions are —
- The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef’s claim was approved.
- A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
- After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn’t discovered for 3 days.
- A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer… $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]
- Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he’d just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
- As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, “Yes, officer, that’s her. That’s the lady I stole the purse from.”
- The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn’t open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren’t available for breakfast… The frustrated gunman walked away.
- When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home’s sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he’d ever had and the perp had been punished enough!
Filed under: Entertainment, Freedom, Heartwarming, Humor | Tags: Becoming Parents, Just Like Real Life, Wonderful and Most Wonderful
Here’s a delightful ad that’s actually honest about parenthood. Yep! That’s what it’s like, and who would trade it? Ever stepped on a Lego tile in your bare feet?
Filed under: Entertainment, Freedom, Heartwarming, Humor | Tags: Charming and Sweet Humor, Nothing Comparable Today, The Nature of Small Boys