Filed under: Health Care, News, Politics, Progressivism, Socialism | Tags: Bill Owens, Democrat lies, Nancy Pelosi
(Update: Traffic from Drudge appears to have crashed the linked site, if the link doesn’t work, try again later.)
That’s gotta be record-breaking dishonesty, even from the notoriously dishonest Democrat party. Brand-spanking new Democrat congressman, Bill Owens (NY-23) has broken at least FOUR campaign promises in his very first hour!
Owens told voters he did not believe a public option was appropriate, he said he was opposed to cuts in Medicare, he said he was opposed to taxing health care benefits, and said he was opposed to increasing taxes on the middle class.
But now that he has been sworn in, this new weasel among weasels has pledged to vote for the Pelosi bill, which:
- contains a public option.
- cuts Medicare.
- taxes benefits, and
- increases taxes on the middle class!
That’s four campaign promises broken in his very first hour! When dealing with a group as reliably dishonest as the Democrat party, it’s hard to plumb new depths of dishonesty, but congratulations NY-23! Your new congressman may have set a new record!
Share this post!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)