Filed under: Blogging, Liberalism, News, Politics | Tags: ABC News, Election 2008, Hillary Clinton, Liberals, Nutroots, Obama
…for daring to hold Obama and Hillary accountable. Imagine that! The mainstream media for once asks Obama and Hillary a handful of the kind of “gotcha” questions that Republicans almost exclusively get, and lefties are apoplectic!
An excellent measure of just what a powder-puff, love-fest, cake-walk Obama has been given thus far. If he chokes this badly under mild media pressure, perhaps he won’t be as difficult to defeat as I feared.
Filed under: Foreign Policy, Iraq, Media Bias, News, Politics | Tags: ABC News, Debunking Liberal Lies, Democrats, Election 2008, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Liberal Propaganda, Media Corruption, Media Lies, Military, Obama, Support the Troops!
Taking a page directly from Barack Obama’s campaign playbook, ABC “News” traveled to Iraq and was able to find five soldiers who endorse Democrat candidates for president — three for Obama and two for Hillary — which they attempted in a piece called, “Surprising Political Endorsements By U.S. Troops,” to portray as the general consensus among America’s fighting men and women.
Riiiiiight! John McCain leads both Democrats in national polls, but the military, which has a long history of being much more conservative than the general public, and which backed Bush by approximately 73% to 18% over Kerry in 2004, is suddenly gangbusters for the candidates that want to surrender Iraq to terrorists and Iranian-backed militias. Forgive me if I don’t buy it.
One of the first rules of journalism is that anecdotes prove nothing. One of the first rules of propaganda is to use anecdotes to portray what the facts don’t.
No wonder an overwhelming 58% majority of Americans don’t trust journalists to tell them the truth and only a paltry 38% do! A reputation well earned!
Filed under: News, Politics | Tags: Democrats, Election 2008, Hillary Clinton, Michigan, Obama, Primary Election
The Michigan legislature must approve any re-vote. The votes aren’t there.
Filed under: Foreign Policy, History, Humor, Iraq, Media Bias, News, Politics | Tags: Debunking Liberal Lies, Democrat Demagogues, Democrat Lies/Dirty Tricks, Election 2008, Hillary Clinton, Iraq, Military, Obama, Support the Troops!
Context is everything.
Yesterday, Barack Obama veered off his usual, platitudinous campaign theme of, “Believe!” and deep into the realm of make-believe.
Having served only one-half of one term in the senate (most of which he has spent on the campaign trail), the self-styled messianic candidate has been damaged by claims that he lacks the knowledge and experience necessary to be President and Commander in Chief.
Gee, do you think?
Seeking damage control, Obama held a carefully staged press-conference/photo-op from a museum in Chicago. I don’t know if rooms can have doppelgangers, but this one bore an uncanny resemblance to the East Room of the White House.
The staging was meticulous.
Surrounded by American flags and the flags of the military, atop a carpet of presidential blue, and from behind the closest approximation of the presidential lectern his stylists could jury-rig, Barack fielded questions and pointed his finger, looking very much the part.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I guess the more important question is how much inexperience does one make up for?
Obama then introduced nine retired military leaders who universally agreed that, even in the absence of any executive experience whatsoever, the neophyte senator has the judgment and temperament necessary for the most powerful job in the world.
By comparison, Hillary has 30 such retired military officers supporting her campaign, for a grand total of 39 between the two Democrat front-runners.
Americans should be interested to know then, that according to the best estimates, there are approximately 4,661 Retired Generals and Admirals who have for various reasons not endorsed either Hillary or Barack Obama. Or to put it another way, the Democrats have garnered the endorsements of 0.8% of retired military brass — the other 99.2 percent? Eh, not so much.
Not so impressive when you put it in context.
…oh, and as to the claims that Barack is qualified to be commander in chief solely because he opposed the Iraq war from the beginning? With all due respect Generals, so did these people…